Music is an essential component of every high-quality video on YouTube and other social sites. It may improve your content, set the tone, and amuse your audience more. Do you, however, know how to add music to a YouTube video?
If you are seeking all the answers, we have created a comprehensive guide that will assist you in selecting the ideal songs for your video and explaining all the aspects that may be of importance to you.
So, if you want to create the finest content and grow your YouTube channel, keep reading to see how music can help.
Why You Should Add Music to YouTube Video?
People frequently believe that having outstanding content is all it takes to become the next YouTube sensation, however, in truth, it requires a significant amount of work and dedication.
Furthermore, every effective creator is eager to learn and improve their content for the audience’s benefit. This is one of the reasons we are concentrating on and emphasizing the importance of integrating music into your videos.
Music is one of those things that comes effortlessly to everyone and draws our attention, and it is that attention from your viewers that we are after. A fantastic and motivating tune that complements your content will captivate the viewers and increase their interest in your video.
You may believe that you must be a talented songwriter to add your own music to YouTube videos, however even if you are not the original creator, you can still add certain songs and not worry about copyrights.
When it comes to background music on YouTube, the rules are very severe, and you must be very careful when selecting a suitable music track. It’s not only meant to be a nice companion to your content, but it’s also free for commercial usage.
So, stay tuned to learn more.
How to find music for your YouTube videos without violating the copyright law?
Every audio track you hear has an author, and some rights are held solely for them. As a result, you are not permitted to utilize any music you find intriguing, since it may be removed from YouTube.
This is why you should become acquainted with a few of the rules and conditions that exist on this site; it will make it simpler for you to select the appropriate music and avoid being banned.
Here are a few examples that may be useful:
- YouTube Policies – While many video producers complain about YouTube Policies and monetization issues, there are no formal restrictions on the platform that say what you can and cannot do. We will strive to provide examples and clear directions to assist you and other content creators in building your channel while being safe.
- The First Rule of Copyright – The name might be misleading because there are no additional copyright regulations. YouTube warns content creators that videos must be original, and music must have the relevant permissions.
- Fair Use – This is where YouTube Policies finally provide more precise guidelines on how to use the platform’s Audio Library. Here you may find information and music that you can use without fear of copyright claims.
How Will You Know What Tracks Are Safe To Use?
Now that we’ve covered some of the fundamental rules and regulations, you might be asking how to ensure that the music you’re adding is safe. The greatest thing you can do is use the royalty-free music available in YouTube’s Audio Library.
However, content creators frequently find this music to be limiting and uninteresting. So here’s a simple tip you may use to test the music in your video:
- Create your video file and upload it as private or hidden;
- If YouTube determines that your audio clip is inappropriate, the content will be reported;
- Before you upload the video and make it public, you can adjust the audio.
It’s one option if you absolutely want to add a specific song or sound effects to your video, but the safest bet is to use anything from YouTube’s music library.
How To Add Music to a YouTube Video Fast and Easy?
You can add music to your YouTube video in a variety of ways, and you can even edit existing videos as long as they have fewer than 100,000 views and are less than 6 hours long. Furthermore, if you are a member of the YouTube Partner Program, the view limit does not apply to you.
Adding music from the YouTube Studio is by far the simplest method to accomplish this, given the music, it is carefully selected and royalty-free. Don’t be concerned if the track doesn’t sound particularly interesting; when combined with amazing content and some light editing, you’ll have the best video content in the end.
Adding Music to a YouTube Video Through the YouTube Video Editor
YouTube has some amazing features that will help you as a content creator to produce the best results. This is why we advocate utilizing the YouTube online video editor and library music.
Here is what you need to do:
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Click on the “Upload” icon in the top-right corner.
- In the drop-down menu select “Upload Video”.
- Click on the “Select Files” button.
- Find the video file you want to upload and click open.
- In the video details, you will click on a left menu option, “Editor”.
- Click on the + sign next to the music note icon.
- Select the video track you want, or click on the search bar to find it in the library.
- Click on the “Add” button of the track you want to add.
- Edit the track to match your video, trim it, or keep the original audio.
- Click the “Save” button once you are done.
This is one of the simplest and quickest methods to add high-quality music without violating any community restrictions.
Adding Music to a YouTube Video Through Video Editing App
YouTube is extremely popular and thousands of content creators made a career on this platform, so it’s not surprising that there are so many apps developed that help with video editing.
Because YouTube is not designed for video editing, you may find the platform’s possibilities to be relatively limited compared to other third-party apps. This is why, if you want to grow your YouTube channel and edit videos to perfection, you should become familiar with a variety of tools.
Music is frequently used in editing, and several websites provide royalty-free music, including Ben Sound, Sound Stripe, AudioJungle, and many more. When using a video editing program, you may add music from the app’s library or as an MP3 file obtained from one of the sources listed.
It will take some time to master and perfect this technique, but the result will always be a beautiful and professional-looking video.
Adding music to videos is easy and can be done in a few simple steps, but bear in mind that not all music will be permitted on YouTube. When it comes to copyrights, the platform has strong rules and regulations in place, and while they might be difficult to grasp, the aim behind these policies is to protect both the author and the viewer.
Video creators from all around the world are flocking to this behemoth of a social network to showcase their work and earn a living. Now that you know how to upload videos and pick the best music, you can join the 2,3 billion users and gain more followers every day.