Are you looking for a way to earn money while doing what you love or searching for an effective method to promote your brand? Look no further, for YouTube is the answer to your queries. The platform provides its users free access to success. No fees are required.
You can earn money when you upload videos on the site. It is quite similar to having an investment. You put in time, effort, and some money into creating your capital (in this case, your YouTube video); and then you sit back and wait for the videos to rake in the cash. Sounds good, right?
In this article, we will explain the process of setting you up for success on YouTube via its Partner Program. We’ll explain what the program is, how you can join, and give some tips so you can start getting almost passive income online.
The YouTube Partner Program
The platform has a YouTube Partner Program wherein users can start monetizing their channel. There are multiple ways to earn income and these are through advertisements, subscription fees, and your merchandise.
Qualified YouTube channels can apply to the program. Once you become a Partner, you will have access to tools that you can use to monitor your YouTube channel growth and audience base. You will also have more ways to earn income. Here’s how:
- Advertisements can be placed before, after, and anywhere in the duration of your videos. Per ad play and ad click will put money into your account. You can control when and where to place these ads through your Settings.
- The platform has a paid subscription called YouTube Premium. One perk of Premium members is that they will not see ads on the site. Since you cannot earn from them viewing ads, YouTube will pay you a portion of the monthly subscription fees whenever these members watch your videos.
- You will have a virtual shelf underneath your videos for your merchandise. Your followers and other people may purchase them by clicking on the items.
Why go on YouTube?
- YouTube is the #2 in global internet engagement, next to Google. When people go online these days, the second search engine they use to look for what they need is YouTube.
- YouTube is the second most popular social media site, next to Facebook.
- YouTube’s revenue reached $19.7 billion in 2020.
- About 1 billion hours of videos are watched every day on the platform.
- About 5 billion videos are played daily.
- There are over 2.3 billion users each month who visit the site.
- In the US, there are more than 197 million users.
- The average time users spend on the platform is 19 minutes.
YouTube is the highest-paying platform. Advertisers are paying creators with 500 to 5,000 followers an average of $315 per video. While creators with 30,000 to 500,000 followers will get about $782 per video.
The YouTube Partner Program Requirements
To check if your account is eligible for monetization, you may visit the Status and features on your channel. You must have the Intermediate features and Advanced features both showing Enabled. Once these settings are enabled, your account will be up for review for eligibility for monetization.
To enable these, you must do the following:
- Verify your phone number.
- Upload a photo of a Valid ID;
- or create a video verification;
- or have channel activity for at least 2 months.
There are other things that you need to fulfill to be a Partner. Here are the requirements that you need to be eligible for monetization:
- You must reside in a location where the Partner Program is available.
- Your account must abide by the site’s monetization policies.
- In the past 12 months, your videos must have had a total of 4,000 watch hours.
- Your channel must have at least 1,000 subscribers.
- You should have a Google AdSense account linked to your YouTube account.
If you have not met all the requirements yet, you may click the option Notify me when I’m eligible under Monetization to get an email when your channel meets the requirements.
You must possess the minimum eligibility to apply to the program. YouTube will assess your application by reviewing your channel’s main theme, your most viewed videos, the videos with the most watch time, and other aspects of your channel.
The reviewers will then determine if your account meets the site’s policies and requirements before you are invited into the program. You will be notified via email when you qualify as a Partner.
How to join the YouTube Partner Program (YPP)?
Here’s the step-by-step process that you may follow to join the Partner Program.
- Follow the site’s policies and community guidelines. Channels are constantly reviewed to make sure that they meet the standards being upheld by YouTube.
- Secure your Google Account. Enable the 2-step verification process to make sure that your account is safe from being hacked or taken over by someone else.
- Have at least 1k subscribers and 4k public watch hours. Receive an email when you have fulfilled this by clicking the Notify me when I’m eligible button under the Monetization section.
- Sign the YouTube Partner Program terms. Apply for the YPP by clicking Start on the Monetization section of your YouTube Studio. Accept the terms and there will be a green “Done” sign on the Review Partner Program terms card.
- Connect your AdSense account. Ensure that you own only 1 Google AdSense Account. This is where the money you earn will be forwarded to. Connect it to your YouTube account. You may add multiple YouTube channels to 1 AdSense account.
- Wait for your review. The process usually takes about a month. You may check at any time the status of your application. You will be notified via email about the results.
- If you’ve been accepted: You may set up your ad preferences and start monetizing your uploads.
- If you’ve been rejected: You may re-apply after 30 days of receiving your rejection notice. Check this list of FAQs to improve your chances for approval on your next application.
What are the benefits of the YouTuber Partner Program?
- You may ask for assistance from the YouTube Creator Support team. They will guide you on your journey to building your channel.
- You will have access to YouTube’s Copyright Match Tool. This enables you to search for videos that are re-uploads of your videos. You can have them taken down to ensure that you get exclusivity to your content.
- You will get access to monetization features such as Ad revenue and Super Chat and Stickers.
Tips for your YouTube Channel
1. The world is changing because of Covid-19. Get tips on how to adapt to this new era of marketing with insights from leading advertisers and top YouTube creators. Learn how to connect with your audience and consumers in the new media scene.
2. Get organic followers that will help nurture the growth of your brand and channel. Build your audience and grow your channel with the help of the best YouTube growth service in the market.
Getting into the YPP is not difficult. As long as you continue producing quality content and build a solid base of followers, your channel will surely succeed. So start today, be dedicated and consistent, and soon you will see the results of your work.